CFAR provides individual mentoring to junior faculty, fellows and students on study design, grant writing, pre and post grant activities, recruitment strategies, IRB submissions, etc.
Recent Mentoring Efforts:
- Meetings held post-award with new grantees to jumpstart research projects
- Unfunded applicants are offered meetings with Developmental Core Director to discuss their critiques, mentorship and are encouraged to re-apply.
Resources for Mentors and Mentees
- Request for Mentor/Collaborator
- Checklist for Mentor-Mentee Activities
- Mentor Directory
- Post-doctoral fellows are offered the opportunity to attend formalized group mentoring sessions with CFAR Seminar Series speakers.
- Our University also utilizes the SciVal system, a research expertise portal to catalyze and promote collaboration in clinical and basic science research. Faculty members can be looked up by last name or by area of research. Information includes the name, photo, recent publications and grants and a research profiling overview. This is a very useful system when trying to develop collaborations or search for expertise in a given area.
- Other Resources for Mentoring Program
Mentoring Evaluation Documents
The documents below have been produced to help facilitate a consistent mentoring experience.