Miami CFAR Clinical Sciences Core
The Miami AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (ACTU) carries out clinical trials studying new treatments for HIV infection and HIV-related opportunistic infections including Hepatitis C novel treatment regimens.
Miami International Maternal, Pediatric, Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT) Network carries out clinical trials for long-term complications of new anti-retrovirals for pediatric and adolescent populations and prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV
The Clinical Core is developing a password protected web-based adult database and specimen inventory that will permit independent searches, download data and check availability of specimens.
- Provide bio statistical support to Miami CFAR researchers
- Provide biological specimens and longitudinal cohort study
- Provide clinical studies methodology and regulatory support services
- Provide infrastructure resources for CFAR funded pilot projects.
- Facilitate applications for collaborative research efforts